Senior Camera Algorithm Expert
Senior Camera Algorithm Expert – Huawei Technologies Lund Research Center
About the Group
Huawei, the leading Telecommunications and IT solution provider recently planned to set up its new Camera Research Team in Lund. Led by Huawei’s Big Video vision, our Lund Camera Research Team will carry out pioneering research which will lead and drive the next generation industrial standards and products. Joining force with top universities and industry leading partners, Huawei’s goal is to revolutionize both the consumer and enterprise markets.
About the Position
We are looking for senior surveillance camera design experts to join the Huawei camera research team. The team will design state-of-the-art smart surveillance camera in order to help Huawei video surveillance product line to improve its current camera product portfolio and drive the next generation business opportunity and consumer experience. The position’s responsibility includes image processing algorithm and image fusion algorithm, working with our highly talented team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the research team to define the road map of research targets, bridge the gap between research achievements and industrial products
- Lead the research team to conduct research in the direction of image processing algorithm and image fusion algorithm
- Be responsible for research projects within the camera portfolio, completing core technology construction in the camera scope
- Analyze industry/academia trends and identify the competitiveness of the surveillance camera technology market and Huawei’s market offerings
- Build cooperation with European universities, research institutes and industrial partners
- Represent Huawei within the broader industry, attending and participating at international meetings and conferences
Skills & Experience – Required
Strong research background and industrial experience
- Masters or higher degree in electrical engineering, physics or computer science or significant relevant industry experience
- PhD in a relevant discipline is preferred
- 6+ years of experience in the one or more of the following areas: low light capturing, WDR, image fusion and related algorithm and devices
Skills & Experience – Desired
Some of these may be required for specific roles but they are valuable for all roles:
Expert in one or multiple domains
- Be familiar with camera system and architecture design
- Possess a strong knowledge and understanding of the industry and awareness of relevant industry and academic conferences
- C-suite level communication and presentation skills
- Possess a wide-reaching professional network within the academia
- Strong project management experience
- Experience in a senior leadership position in an international company/university
- Experience in managing multi-cultural teams
This is a full-time consultancy position at the Huawei research center in Lund, Sweden.
Business trips may be required as necessary to support strategy engagements.
For more information regarding the position, please contact: Karin Persson