Office Assistant for the EIB Group Office in Stockholm, Sweden
The EIB is the European Union’s bank. We are the only bank owned by and representing the interests of the European Union Member States. We work closely with other EU institutions to implement EU policy.
We are the world’s largest multilateral borrower and lender. We provide finance and expertise for sustainable investment projects that contribute to EU policy objectives. More than 90% of our activity is in Europe. But we also are a big investor around the world.
The Office Assistant will run the administration of the office under the supervision of the Head of Office, and provide secretarial support to the office professionals as required by ensuring the efficient organisation of the Office, the timely completion of tasks and the achievement of objectives.
Reports to the Head of Office in Sweden.
· Provide office support and secretarial/administrative assistance in order to contribute to the effective day-to-day running of the Office.
· Execute administrative tasks, notably financial administration of the office: handling and follow-up of book-keeping, logistics and monthly reporting to the Head of Office, maintaining and managing the petty cash ledger, supervising local bank accounts as well as payments to suppliers, liaising with relevant staff at Head Office and ensuring timely input, validation and reporting to the Head of Office.
· Prepare standard texts (e.g. letters to authorities, answers to clients, compilation of information letters);
edit and/or finalise, distribute and file minutes, reports, notes letters and other documents, as required.
· Acting as an interface with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to all diplomatic and protocol procedures, and other relevant ministries.
· Handle telephone contacts with clients and channel contacts to the appropriate persons within EIB.
· Management and interface with the various departments concerned at Headquarters for telephone equipment (fixed and mobile), desktop computers, video conferencing system, IT access rights.
· Interface with various suppliers and administrative management of contracts.
· Procurement management and office supplies inventory.
· Assist in the organising of EIB related events in the region.
· Maintain and update social media applications made available by the Bank.
Under the supervision of the HoO, and with his/her approval:
· Management of all accounting aspects of the office in liaison with the Accounting Department at Headquarters.
· Administrative management of the office bank accounts and cash management.
· Administrative management of payments of supplier invoices (quotes, orders and deliveries).
· Management of incoming telephone calls and correspondence.
· Organise and follow up diaries and organisation of internal and external meetings.
· Responsible for the travel arrangements, TA and expense reports of expatriates as well as the local team, if relevant.
· Provide general administrative assistance to EIB personnel on business trips in the region as required.
· Secretarial tasks (document archiving, etc..) for the team.
· Secondary level education, completed with a 2 year certification in a relevant field (secretarial studies, business administration) or secondary level education with equally qualified experience in a relevant field.
· At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
· Experience with EU policies and procedures would be an advantage.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
· Fluency in Swedish and English is required.
· Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
· Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
· Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
· Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
This is a part-time (50%) consultancy position based in Stockholm.
Please submit your application in English, CV and cover letter, as soon as possible since we will review the applications on an ongoing basis.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Marianne Nilsson.