Customer Support Engineer
Customer Support Engineers to Telia Carrier, Solna
Part time hourly-paid positions are being recruited. Several positions opened, 24/7/365 shifts occur.
About Telia CarrierTelia Carrier (TC)
TC is one of the world’s leading providers of network infrastructure and services – empowering individuals, businesses and societies to execute their most critical activities.Customer Support Center (CSC) is TC’s single point of contact regarding service faults, delivery, billing and sales inquiries from customers such as operators, service and content providers as well as other large-scale users world-wide. We own and drive customer issues to resolution while keeping an open channel of communication with customers during on-going cases. CSC is a technical customer support unit with strong business acumen and customer focus. We deliver a world-class customer experience to build business trust and reliability with our customers.
Discover more at www.teliacarrier.com
About the position
Employees are scheduled on a rolling basis for shift work covering 24/7/365.
Single shifts and on-call duty can occur.Improving our way of working is key which is why you are expected to raise various issues. We work with continuous improvements so you need to find change appealing.
• Take care of our customers’ requests (incoming by telephone, e-mail, web interface and/or fax)
• Log all actions taken, and contacts with customers, in the appropriate system
• Perform in-depth level of analysis and troubleshooting in order to resolve as many cases as possible at first line without escalation to second level support
• Keep track of SLA thresholds and commitments and chase information and progress status with other internal units and external providers
• Be responsible for keeping the fault handling on-going and to push for a resolution/a restoration of the service as soon as possible
• Write reason for outage reports to customers upon request
• Contribute to the process and routine development and improvements and share knowledge
• Exemplify the company values & code of ethics in the daily workflow
• Service and business minded
• A self-driven problem solver with strong analytical capabilities
• A team player who likes technical trouble shooting just as much as interacting with customers
• Indifferent to a stressful environment
• Able to handle several issues simultaneously
• An excellent communicator and keen to collaborate with others
• An extrovert, actively networking with the organization
• Possessing good understanding of a multi-cultural environment and interest to work in such
• Able to easily learn and adapt new routines, support systems, technologies
Qualifications and skills needed
• Excellent/ fluent English (written and spoken) on a highly technical & professional level
• A degree with major in Network Engineering or Communication Systems or a high technical knowledge, experience, understanding and interest of the same
• Solid knowledge of IP technologies, as well as other telecommunication technology layers such as transmission, voice, roaming, Ethernet
The following skills are meriting
• Cisco/Juniper certification and/or understand of signaling
• Other related university studies
• ITIL knowledge
• An additional language (apart from English) on a fluent level. Russian and Spanish language skills are a priority at the moment
More information and contact
A continuous 24/7/365 shift list, single shifts and on-call duty might occur.
The task may require an individual security clearance to be performed according to the Act on Personnel Security Clearances.
Telia Carrier owns and operates one of the world’s most extensive fiber backbones. Our mission is to provide exceptional network infrastructure and services – empowering individuals, businesses and societies to execute their most critical activities.
By working close to our customers, we make big ideas happen at the speed of fiber.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English, as soon as possible since we will review the applications on an ongoing basis.
For more information regarding the positions, please contact Karin Persson.